What is Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)?
Indoor air quality is a term that describes the physical, chemical and biological state of indoor air. It usually refers to the air in non-industrial workplaces such as: universities, schools, day care centres, hospitals and office buildings.
Why be Concerned?
Poor indoor air quality affects the physical and psychological health of your family and, in the case of businesses, your employees. Poor indoor air quality can lead to:
- shortness of breath
- heightened allergy symptoms
- dry eyes, nose, skin and throat
- couching and sneezing
Benefits of a home or business Air Quality System:
An Air Quality System insalled by Terry Rowley Mechanical Inc. will provide your home or business with an excpetionally clean environment nearly free of pollutants. We provide the following for our customers:
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Lights - help to eliminate biological contaminants such as mold and bacteria while sterilizing surfaces
- Humidifiers - help to maintain optimal comfort during heating seasons by minimizing problems associated with dry air. Humidifiers also lessen skin irritations, sore throats and respiratory problems
- Dehumidifiers - manage the moisture in your home's air and reduce humid conditions during summer months (thus reducing the potential for mold and mildew problems.)
- Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV's) - exchange stale air from inside the home with fresher outdoor air. The system captures heat from contaminated air before it is moved outside ensuring efficiency.
- Filtration Systems - provide whole-home filtration for optimal home comfort and air quality. With the High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) systems there is near perfect filtration with 99.97% efficiency in removing particles and bioaerosols down to 0.3 mircon.
- Air Purification - Lennox offers an excellent system in the PureAir Air Purification System. This is the only single indoor air quality system to attack all three classes of indoor air contaminants (physical, chemical, biological)
For more information on our IAQ systems please call Terry Rowley Mechanical Inc. at 905-878-1979.
Tags: Milton, IAQ, Indoor Air Quality, UV, Germicidal Lights, Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers, Heat Recovery Ventilators, HRV, Air Purification